|Start Date:||Duration:||Level:||Study mode:||Course location:||Course Type:|
|September||2 years||Level 3||Part-Time - Day||Ashington Main Campus||T Levels|
T levels are designed with employers for school leavers, or students progressing with a suitable level 2 qualification, who want to develop the practical skills, knowledge and behaviours to progress into a skilled profession in Health / Adult Nursing.
This technical qualification will support students on to a range of progression routes including employment, higher education and higher apprenticeships.
Minimum 5 GCSE's (grade 4 and above) including maths, English and science.
|Study level||Cost||Additional fees|
|19+||please enquire||There may be additional costs for trips and uniform|
The T Level consists of core components and an occupational specialist component.
- 2 written examinations
- employer-set project (ESP)
In order to achieve a grade for Core Component, students must have results for both sub-components (the core (written) examination and the employer-set project).
Occupational specialism component (Adult Nursing):
- a case study assessment
- 2 practical activities assessments: one for the core: Supporting Healthcare, and one for the occupational specialism
- a professional discussion
Each occupational specialism component covers the knowledge, understanding, skills and behaviours required to achieve threshold competence in a chosen occupational specialism. Threshold competence refers to the level of competence deemed by employers as sufficient to secure employment in roles relevant to an occupational specialism. Achievement of threshold competence signals that a student is well placed to develop full occupational competence, with further support and development, once in work.
English, maths and digital skills are essential skills for progression and have been embedded throughout the programme.
As part of achieving the overall T Level programme, students are required to complete a minimum of 315 hours (45 days) industry placement. In order to demonstrate threshold competence in their chosen occupational specialism, the student will be observed during their industry placement.
We have developed a partnership model with Northumbria Healthcare Trust (NHCT) where you will complete induction training and the placement aspect of your T Level, working in one of the Trust's settings across the region including hospitals and GP surgeries. This will enable you to develop the essential knowledge, understanding, behaviours and skills to support you as you progress into employment or higher education.
We also work in partnership with Northumbria University and throughout the programme you will be kept up to date with skills gaps and opportunities in the sector, along with support and guidance for your university application and interview.
The technical qualification (TQ) forms part of the new T Level study programme. The purpose of the level 3 technical qualification is to ensure students have the knowledge and skills needed to progress into skilled employment or higher level technical training in the Health sector.
The objectives of this qualification are to equip students with:
• the core knowledge and core skills relevant to health
• up to date occupational knowledge and skills that have continued currency amongst employers and others
• the necessary English, mathematics and digital skills
• threshold competence that meets employer expectations and is as close to full occupational competence as possible
• opportunities to manage and improve their own performance
- Working within the health and science sector
- The healthcare sector
- Health, safety and environmental regulations in the health and science sector
- Health and safety regulations applicable in the healthcare sector
- Managing information and data within the health and science sector
- Managing personal information
- Good scientific and clinical practice
- Providing person-centred care
- Health and wellbeing
- Infection prevention and control in health specific settings
Complete an application form or come along to one of our open events to meet the team and find out more information about the course.
We are the largest further education provider in Northumberland with campuses throughout the county.
Our student transport scheme is available for eligible students to make getting to and from college as easy as possible.
Our extensive re-development programme will create outstanding new facilities.